Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Latex head attempt

This in an attempt I have made at creating a latex head for animating using the build up method. This method takes a very long time. First I mounded a head and jaw shape from wire aluminium wire. Next I used air-drying clay to smooth out the shape of the head. The final and longest stage involved painting on liquid latex and slowly building up layers using tiny pieces of sponge and latex. I added a small amount of flesh tint to my latex. I am happy with the result although it does look messy. This is a good method for making single characters, however if you wanted to produce more than one of the same character it could be very tricky to make them look similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment